Easy Dog Treat Recipe
With Nut Butter and Yogurt
If you are running short of time but would like to whip something up quickly for your dog, this is the exact recipe that you should grab! There are only three basic ingredients and no baking is involved.
Perhaps you have already been making yourself and your family some of those "energy balls", which are such quick, easy and healthy snacks. This dog treat is the equivalent of our energy balls. They are easy to make and the nut butter in the treat gives your dog a boost of energy.
This is just a basic recipe for the balls. You can certainly add more ingredients to it - rolled oats, dried cranberries, crushed sunflower seeds, etc. Let your creativity run wild (but of course use only safe ingredients for dogs!)
Recipe: Eazy Energy Ball Dog Treat
- 1/2 cup flour (e.g. almond flour, coconut flour, quinoa flour)
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons nut butter (e.g. peanut butter, almond butter)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Depending on the flour you use, you may need to add more flour if the dough is too wet, or more yogurt if it is too dry.
- Divide the dough into balls (make as big or as small as your dog wants - if unsure, ask your dog).
- Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- You can roll the balls in carob powder, chia seeds, sesame seeds, spirulina powder, decaffeinated green tea powder, etc. to add more flavors and nutrients to the balls. (I definitely love the carob-powder-covered ones... No, wait! Actually I love them all!)