Grain Free Dog Treats
With Peanut Butter
These grain free dog treats are healthy, gluten-free, and super easy to make. The rich peanut butter flavor will definitely make your dog happy and satisfied!
This dog biscuit recipe is high in dietary fiber, vitamin B6, manganese, iron and calcium.
Health Benefits of Ingredients
This recipe cannot be more simple and is extremely easy to make. As the treats are gluten-free and grain-free, they are suitable for most dogs, even for those who are gluten intolerant or those who are allergic to grains.
The main ingredients are also nutritious and good for dogs' health:
- Chickpea Flour: See this page for the health benefits of chickpea.
- Peanut Butter: Most dogs love peanut butter! And the good news is, peanuts are good for dogs as well! Find out more about the health benefits of peanuts and peanut butter from this page.
Recipe: Grain Free Dog Treats with Peanut Butter
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter with water. Stir until the mixture becomes smooth. Add the egg and mix well.
- Mix the flour with the cinnamon.
- Add half of the flour to the peanut butter mixture, stir and mix well. Add the rest of the flour and continue stirring until the mixture forms a smooth, homogenous dough.
- Knead the dough a few times to form a ball.
- Put the dough between two sheets of saran wrap. Press it down a bit, and roll it out to approx. 1/4" thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters of your choice.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the biscuits to cool inside the oven completely before removing.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Much as we dogs love sugar, they are not good for us, so always use unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter when making dog biscuits.
- If the dough is a bit too sticky to handle, let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.