Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
Peanut butter goes well with bananas - all dogs would agree with that! This recipe is easy and simple to make and of course all the ingredients are safe and healthy for dogs.
This peanut butter dog treat recipe is high in manganese, iron, and vitamin B6. Since manganese has antioxidant properties that can help prevent cancer and slow down the aging process, it is good for all dogs of course but more so for older dogs. Manganese also helps produce energy from protein and carbohydrates, so this treat is also a good energy source for dogs.
Health Benefits of Ingredients
- Peanut Butter: See this page to learn more about the health benefits of peanuts and peanut butter for dogs.
- Oats: Oats are rich in B vitamins and are particularly good for the nervous and cardiovascular systems. They are also a good source of selenium, which has antioxidant properties. Oats are also rich in fiber.
- Bananas: We all know that bananas are good for us. But did you know that they are also extremely beneficial to dogs? To learn a bit more about the nutritional value of bananas, see this page.
Recipe: Peanut Butter Dog Treat with Banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, and cinnamon.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Knead the dough well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls, using about 1 tablespoon of dough for each, and put the balls onto the baking sheet.
- Use the back of a spoon or the heel of your hand to press each ball into the shape of a (1 1/2 to 2 inch) coin.
- Bake until firm and deep golden brown on the bottom, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the biscuits to cool inside the oven completely before removing.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Much as we dogs love sugar, they are not good for us, so be sure to use unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter.
- Oat flour can easily be made by grinding oats using an immersion blender.