Pumpkin Dog Biscuit Recipe
With Peanut Butter
The ingredients in this recipe are simple and readily available at home. It takes no more than 20 minutes to prepare, but the resulting biscuits will make your dog go wild!
This dog biscuit recipe is high in manganese, iron, dietary fiber, and vitamins A and B6. It is suitable for all dogs. Because of its high vitamin A content, it is good for the skin and eyes. The high manganese content helps produce energy from protein and carbohydrates, so this treat is also a good energy source for dogs.
Health Benefits of Ingredients
Recipe: Pumpkin Dog Biscuit with Peanut Butter
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup plain pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and cinnamon.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Knead the dough a few times to form a ball.
- Put the dough between two sheets of saran wrap. Press it down a bit, and roll it out to approx. 1/4" thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters of your choice.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the biscuits to cool inside the oven completely before removing.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Make sure that the pumpkin puree is 100% pumpkin, not the one you use for pumpkin pie.
- Much as we dogs love sugar, they are not good for us, so use unsweetened and unsalted peanut butter.
- If the dough is a bit too sticky to handle, let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes or so.